Rural Dalit Women Empowerment
Towards socio economic development, community health care and safety & security of the dalit women and welfare of dalit children
- Poor Dalit women at villages in Madurai District are identified and united in to Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- To improve socio economic conditions, income generation, leadership, capacity building and legal awareness training and basic Community Health Care Awareness programs are conducted for 200 to 300 women every year.
- The trained SHG Women to lobby local body & the Government personnel and access needed basic amenities.
- Legal procedures and enactment of laws are explained that safeguard women and the Dalit women rights against violence and atrocity.
- Dalit Women in SHGs are given monitory assistance for goat rearing and for improving family income.
- Evening tuition is conducted for all school going dalit children in target villages and they are encouraged by taking them on exposure visit.
- Over 3,000 women and 1000 children are benefited so far